London +4420 814 42225
Moscow +7495 543 9194
Kiev +38044 599 2950
info@mrcplast.com

Our Clients

Order Informer

 
Home > News >
 

Borealis plans AprilMay maintenance at phenol plant in Finland

January 25/2021

MOSCOW (MRC) -- Borealis is planning to carry out maintenance work at its phenol plant at Porvoo, Finland, between April and May, said Chemweek.

The Porvoo site includes a 190,000-metric tons/year phenol plant and a 118,000-metric tons/year acetone facility, according to IHS Markit data. "The exact dates are not known but we know that Borealis is expected to have maintenance at both units between April and May, possibly mid-April until the end of May, which they postponed from last year," a source said.

Borealis did not wish to comment on the dates for the work. "We do not proactively communicate our maintenance schedule," a spokesperson for the company said Friday. Borealis declared force majeure on phenol and acetone production from the Porvoo site following a power outage on 15 December 2020. The force majeure on phenol production from Porvoo was lifted on 28 December, Borealis says.

Borealis also produces 150,000 metric tons/year of benzene and 245,000 metric tons/year of cumene at Porvoo, IHS Markit data show.

Along with phenol, acetone is largely used to produce bisphenol A (BPA), which, in its turn, is used in the production of plastics such as polycarbonate (PC) and epoxy resins.

According to MRC's ScanPlast report, Russia's estimated consumption of PC granules (excluding imports and exports to\from Belarus) rose in January-November 2020 by 18% year on year to 83,600 tonnes (70,600 tonnes a year earlier).

OMV (Vienna, Austria) owns 75% of Borealis and the remaining 25% is owned by Mubadala (Abu Dhabi).


mrcplast.com
Author:Anna Larionova
Tags:acetone, bisphenol A, PK, PC granules, PC compounds, phenol, Borealis.
Category:General News
|
| More

Leave a comment

MRC help

 


 All News   News subscribe