London +4420 814 42225
Moscow +7495 543 9194
Kiev +38044 599 2950
info@mrcplast.com

Our Clients

Order Informer

 
Home > News >
 

Rubis reports rise in storage sales, increases exposure to chemicals upside

February 16/2021

MOSCOW (MRC) -- Bulk liquid storage player Rubis Terminal says its fourth-quarter 2020 storage revenues have risen 30% year on year (YOY) to EUR56.5 million (USD68.4 million), and that it has “significantly increased” its exposure to chemical and biofuels storage following its acquisition last year of Terminales Portuarias (Tepsa; Madrid, Spain), reported Chemweek.

Rubis, a terminals business joint venture (JV) between fund manager I Squared Capital (ISC) and Rubis Group (Paris, France), says its pro-forma share of revenues from chemicals is now at 36% compared to 31% during the first half of 2020, while biofuels storage now makes up 5% of its pro-forma revenues. “The company has been steadily decreasing its exposure to fuel from 70% of sales in 2016 to currently around 50% of sales,” it says. Rubis completed its acquisition of Tepsa in October 2020 for an undisclosed amount.

The JV’s fourth-quarter rise in sales included 9% organic growth, it says. Full-year 2020 sales rose 10% over 2019 to EUR186 million, it adds.

The quarter “was solid in current circumstances and saw similar development as in the third quarter, with improving volumes and solid margins,” Rubis says.

Rubis Group owns 55% of Rubis Terminal, with ISC owning the remaining 45%.

As MRC informed in January 2020, Berry Global Group, Evansville, Indiana, announced that Madrid-based Repsol, its longtime supplier, will supply it with circular resins. The Spanish multienergy global company will supply Berry with International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC) Plus-certified circular polyolefins from its Repsol Reciclex range. According to a news release from Berry Global, these polyolefins are obtained by advanced recycling, enabled by the adoption of new chemical recycling technologies, of postconsumer plastic scrap not suitable for traditional recycling.

We remind that Repsol shut down its cracker in Tarragona (Spain) for maintenance in the fourth quarter of 2019. The turnaround at this steam cracker, which produces 702,000 mt/year of ethylene and 372,000 mt/year of propylene, was pushed back from Q3 2019. The exact dates of maintenance works were not disclosed.

Ethylene and propylene are feedstocks for producing polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP).

According to MRC's ScanPlast report, Russia's estimated PE consumption totalled 2,220,640 tonnes in 2020, up by 2% year on year. Only shipments of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and high density polyethylene (HDPE) increased. At the same time, polypropylene (PP) shipments to the Russian market reached 1 240,000 tonnes in 2020 (calculated using the formula: production, minus exports, plus imports, excluding producers' inventories as of 1 January, 2020). Supply of exclusively PP random copolymer increased.


mrcplast.com
Author:Margaret Volkova
Tags:PP, PE, crude and gaz condensate, PP random copolymer, propylene, LDPE, HDPE, ethylene, petrochemistry, Repsol, Spain, Russia, USA.
Category:General News
|
| More

Leave a comment

MRC help

 


 All News   News subscribe